Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jalapeno poppers

I love recipes that are easy to make and yummy. Jalapeno poppers are a great low-carb snack. Hollow out some jalapenos, stuff (but don't mound) with cream cheese, wind a slice of bacon around the little boat and bake at 375 or grill. Easy peasy.

I've made these before, but I took a different tactic this time that I picked up at Linda's low carb recipes. Instead of using a strip of bacon, which can take too long to cook and then you end up with overcooked jalapenos (I like them a bit crunchy) or raw bacon or oozing cream cheese, she recommended pressing the stuffed jalapeno into some already cooked bacon crumbles. Now I always have bacon crumbles on hand. I cut and fry up a package at a time and leave them on some paper towels to drain, then stick them in the fridge to use in recipes or salads.

Here is the finished product:



Per popper is about 45 calories and .5 net carbs. Maybe a little more because these jalapenos were especially large. Make sure to wash your hands well after making or eating these babies. I just rubbed my eyes and ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment