Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cilantro-marinated chicken with chipotle cream sauce

A week in and I'm already neglecting the blog! Rest assured that I'm still making low-carb, gluten free food. I'm still not loving to cook though.

Onward and upward. This is one of my fave things to eat in the world. It is a lot of work and a lot of dirty dishes, but so worth it. I admit, I had a little help with this one.

This recipe was created by Tre Wilcox of Top Chef fame. When my husband and I lived in Milwaukee, we saw him cook this recipe during a demo at a home show. He is one of the best Top Chef contestants ever (IMHO), and I am a total fangirl. I sooo wanted to go up to him afterwards and tell him he was robbed of the title (twice!) but I couldn't get the nerve. I saw him browsing through the home improvement booths and I paced around him in wide circles trying to psych myself up to approach him. Couldn't do it. Tre is the one that got away.

A link to the recipe is here: Tre's cilantro chicken with chipotle cream

On the side is a slaw with jicama, red pepper, cilantro, olive oil and lime. I love cilantro, can you tell?


Like I said, this recipe is by NO means easy. But so worth it. The chipotle cream sauce will have you licking the plate. Carbs are minimal and depend on how much chipotle and veggies you use. I could eat this every day of the week but I do not have the time and patience to recreate this every day. Nor do I like dirtying half the dishes in my kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Such an incredible recipe- that one is a home run every time!

    ReplyDelete